Rhumb Line - March 2018
News From Willsboro Bay Marina
Dockage and Camping Available!
We have dock spaces available for this summer on most docks. Contact us soon; these openings won't last very long!
We have a few campsites available for the summer. A camper is a great addition for those with smaller boats or frequent overnight visitors. Contact us for further information.
We will "open the schedule book" and begin accepting launch date requests by telephone to(518) 963-7276 at 9:00 AM on Monday April 16, 2018. We require copies of all boat keys and lock combinations, parking permits on automobiles, and a completed current customer agreement on file before we will launch any boat that will remain docked at the marina overnight or longer after launching, and all accounts must be cleared before launching.
We strongly recommend that the boat owner or the owner's representative be present at launching; an additional fee of $7 per foot(plus tax) as stated in our August 2017 rate sheet will apply for launching without the owner present. We encourage owners to be present during the launching and initial docking of their boat to check for leaks or other problems which may develop in the first few hours after launching. Launching by the marina does not include any follow-up procedure or monitoring. We schedule launching by lettered sequence (A, B, C, D, E, F, G) and do not assign specific times. The first launch of the day occurs around 8:30 AM and then we proceed through the remaining launches for that day without delay.
Rules for installations of dock accessories including dock fenders, dockboxes, stairs, dock corner wheels:
- Willsboro Bay Marina wants to maintain the integrity of our upgraded dock systems; to protect the structural integrity of the docks and your boats follow these installation guidelines from March 2015.
- Boat owner is financially responsible for any structural damage to docks caused by owner installations or modifications. It takes 16 to 24 hours of our labor (not including time to remove affected boats and return them after repair) to remove a dock from service, replace a damaged framing member and return it to service.
Bottom Sanding and Grinding Ban
All bottom sanding by both boat owners and unapproved outside contractors is banned at the marina. The only approved contractor is Champlain Blasting Solutions.
Important Banking Notice for Cheques Drawn on Canadian Banks
Please see this important notice before writing in "US Funds" on a cheque drawn on a Canadian Bank.
Seasonal Notices and Reminders
- Important items are listed below but all marina clients should be familiar and compliant with our Marina Rules and Dockage, Storage and Credit Agreement.
- The marina requires proof of proper and adequate insurance coverage (including liability and workers compensation insurance) from any outside contractor or paid laborer before permitting them to work at the marina, along with proper release and indemnification . This requirement applies to anyone working on boats at the marina other than the boat owner or the owner's immediate relatives. Outside contractors and paid laborers must provide proof of compliance with all applicable governmental regulations, including pesticide applicator certification for anyone applying antifouling paints.
- Shrinkwrap may not be placed in our dumpsters and we do not provide free disposal of shrinkwrap. Shrinkwrap recycling kits are available for purchase at the marina store. Disposal fees including labor and the cost of the needed shrinkwrap recycling kits will be billed for all shrinkwrap found in or around our dumpsters or left on marina grounds.
- Air conditioners, heaters and water heaters must be shut off when boats are unoccupied. Their operation while boats are unoccupied is a senseless waste of resources, a safety hazard, and an unnecessary cost and strain on the marina's electrical system. The marina will monitor for cooling water discharges and electrical consumption and we reserve the right to disconnect or shut down these items without notice when they are found running in unoccupied boats.
- Dockside water hoses may not remain connected to unoccupied boats because a minor plumbing failure could then sink a boat. Electrical cords may not be connected to shore power receptacles on the dock unless the other end is already connected to a boat, as this is an electrocution hazard.
- Speed Limit - Automobiles must limit speed to 5 mph on marina property. This limit is for the safety of children and all other visitors to the marina.
- Boatyard Supplies and materials - We maintain an inventory of wooden blocks, cut lumber and Styrofoam blocks in order to properly set and store boats and docks. These are not scrap or surplus materials; please do not borrow or move these materials without authorization from marina management.
- Boat owners must supply properly sized and placed fenders and docklines. A minimum of 3 fenders and 4 docklines are recommended and dock lines should never run straight down from the boat to the dock. Boats should be sprung to maintain adequate clearance from the dock and appendages such as anchors, anchor rollers, bowsprits and davits should never overhang the dock.
- Dinghies should not be allowed to swing past the end of the finger dock into the fairway.
Merchandise from our Competitors & Package Acceptance
We can order almost any item, part, accessory, or supplies needed for your boat; therefore, it is inappropriate to have items ordered from our competitors (West Marine, Defender, etc.) or any other sellers of any type of boating supplies, accessories, or parts shipped to the marina. Packages arriving from these sources will be refused. In special circumstances we will accept a package not containing competing merchandise, provided that special arrangements are made before the package is shipped, including a written request and payment of a reasonable fee for our handling and storage. Should a package from a competitor be accepted due to extenuating circumstances or error, a substantial handling and storage fee must be paid upon pickup of the package. COD deliveries will not be accepted under any circumstances whatsoever. The marina is not responsible for damages, shortages or loss to accepted packages, and unclaimed packages may be disposed of after 30 days with no further obligation. Our service department's policy is not to install equipment or use supplies purchased elsewhere or from our competitors. Please purchase your equipment and supplies from us if you would like us to install or use them. Under extenuating circumstances we may elect to install equipment or use supplies purchased elsewhere, however, a surcharge of 15% of the retail price of the materials will be added to the cost of the job.
Attention: clients with boats registered outside of the USA - don't forget to get a new decal for 2018!
All foreign registered pleasure boats 30' and over in the USA must obtain a user fee decal every year (cost approximately $30) which you may order online at https://dtops.cbp.dhs.gov/ The decal must be replaced every calendar year and there are substantial penalties for non-compliance. You can have your decal mailed to the marina and pick it upon your next visit. If you need assistance with obtaining your decal please contact Andre Klein; we are glad to help.
More information including a helpful e-mail conversation between US Customs & Border Patrol and Willsboro Bay Marina management is here: http://www.wbm.us/forms/DTOPS.html
We only print and mail 2 or 3 issues of the Rhumb Line each year, additional updates are sent by e-mail only.
Please join our marina news e-mailing list; you'll promptly receive all future Rhumb Line issues and other marina news and notices by e-mail.
Once you've joined the e-mailing list, received the confirmation e-mail and activated your subscription,
please drop us a note or e-mail to let us know that you no longer need the Rhumb Line sent to you by postal mail.
Subscribe to Willsboro Bay Marina's Marina News e-mailing list, hosted by Google Groups
Receive Facebook and Twitter updates by SMS (text) on mobile phones
Our Facebook status updates are fed to Twitter. If you don't already have a Twitter account you can quickly create one with your mobile phone. Just text "follow Willsboro" to 21212 (for Canada based mobile phones) or 40404 (for USA based mobile phones) and follow the simple instructions to create an account.
Previous editions of the Rhumb Line available online:
"I boat; therefore, I am"
Willsboro Bay Marina, Inc.; 25 Klein Way, Willsboro, NY 12996, USA
Phone (518) 963-7276 44º 24' 15" N 73º 23' 40" W
Last revised 2018-02-23
© 2000-2018 Willsboro Bay Marina, Inc. All rights reserved.