Rhumb Line - August 2018
News From Willsboro Bay Marina
Important Mid-Summer Mailing
Although there are several weeks of fine boating left, it's time to begin planning for our
fall haul-out season. It's also time to reserve your dock space for next summer, too.
We've posted the following documents online in PDF (Adobe Reader) format for you to review:
Most of them are also available in DOC (Microsoft Word) format:
Completed forms may be e-mailed to the accounting department.
- A single PDF download containing the "Fall Letter", rate sheet and haul-out and dockage request form ... or download them individually below:
We request your assistance in promptly scheduling your haul-out; please contact us by September 3, 2018 to select your haul-out date.
This does not mean that your boat must be hauled by September 3; rather, it means that you need to contact us by September 3 to select
a haul-out date which can be anytime through October 15 (dockage clients) or October 5 (winter-only clients).
We also haul in August for those who are interested.
We just received an internet bandwidth increase with the possibility of more bandwidth for 2019. The future improvements are not under our control but if the internet service providers complete their work as planned we will be able to offer two tiers of Wi-Fi for 2019 - basic access at no extra charge for our dockage members and a higher speed version for a modest fee. Our existing paid internet clients are receiving the higher speed version now and our dockage clients may use the free basic service now on a trial basis. Contact marina staff for login credentials. Our total bandwidth is still small at 25 Mbps so the use of Netflix,
Hulu and any other video services is not permitted on our network. The network is intended for e-mail and basic web browsing usage.
Help Us Help The Environment
- If you have received and can read all of the documents above electronically please confirm so in an e-mail to the the accounting department - then we will not print and mail you a copy. Because of the importance of this mailing we endeavor to hand deliver or postal mail a copy or a reminder postcard to every marina client who has not specifically confirmed this by e-mailed reply. We will not rely on a broadcast e-mail to ensure that every marina client receives the "Fall Letter" and enclosures.
- Please flatten all cardboard boxes before recycling them - the space wasted by intact cartons fills the container before the weekly pickup thereby preventing others from recycling.
- Please flatten all empty antifreeze bottles and gallon or larger plastic water bottles before recycling them for the same reason.
- Empty oil bottles and any container that ever contained oil, gasoline, diesel fuel or petroleum are not recyclable - please dispose of them in the garbage.
- Plastic bags, wrap and film are not recyclable - please dispose of them in the garbage. If you bring your recyclable items to the container in a plastic bag please empty the bag into the recycling container and then put the empty bag into one of the garbage dumpsters.
2019 Dockage Reservation Fee Reminder
We do not send individual bills for the dockage reservation fee to reserve your slip for next summer; please send your dockage reservation fee of $1,000
by September 15, 2018 to reserve your slip. An invoice for the reservation fee is included in the internet version of the "Fall Letter" that is available above.
The payment should be made by cash or check if you want to receive the $3 per foot cash discount on next year's dockage.
Please see this important notice about payment cheques drawn on Canadian banks.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: Dockage reservation fees and other dockage payments for 2019 are not refundable and may not be applied to storage charges, other marina services or to a subsequent year’s dockage. However, the dock space may be transferred to the new owner upon sale of a boat provided the new owner accepts our customer agreement. The dock space may also be transferred to a different boat owned by the same client but only if a suitable space is available; incremental additional charges will be due for a larger boat.
Automobiles, Dinghies, Trailers, Portable Fuel Tanks and Other Equipment
All automobiles, dinghies, trailers, dock boxes, fuel tanks and other equipment on our property must be labeled with your full name or customer number (which is not your dock space number). We provide free parking permit decals for your automobiles with your customer number. We also provide stickers with your customer number for your other equipment for a nominal fee. We reserve the right to remove or dispose of any unidentified property or equipment at any time without further notice.
We provide a shared seasonal storage facility for temporary storage (up to 10 months) of non-hazardous boating equipment. There is no charge for use of this facility. It is uninsured and storage is at your own risk. Outboard motors, batteries, fuel tanks, propane tanks, other flammable items, and items regulated by law (such as weapons, alcohol, tobacco, and prescription medication) may not be stored in this facility. We do not recommend storing sails, cushions, or other fabric items in this facility. Please label your equipment with your name (or customer number) along with the date placed in storage. Be considerate of other marina
members and remove items that remain unused after 10 months. We reserve the right to dispose of unidentified equipment at any time and to dispose of labeled equipment after 10 months of storage without further notice.
We only print and mail 1 or 2 issues of the Rhumb Line each year, additional updates are sent by e-mail only.
Please join our marina news e-mailing list; you'll promptly receive all future Rhumb Line issues and other marina news and notices by e-mail.
Once you've joined the e-mailing list, received the confirmation e-mail and activated your subscription,
please drop us a note or e-mail to let us know that you no longer need the Rhumb Line sent to you by postal mail.
Subscribe to Willsboro Bay Marina's Marina News e-mailing list, hosted by Google Groups
Receive Facebook and Twitter updates by SMS (text) on mobile phones
Our Facebook status updates are fed to Twitter. If you don't already have a Twitter account you can quickly create one with your mobile phone. Just text "follow Willsboro" to 21212 (for Canada based mobile phones) or 40404 (for USA based mobile phones) and follow the simple instructions to create an account.
"I boat; therefore, I am"
Willsboro Bay Marina, Inc.; 25 Klein Way, Willsboro, NY 12996, USA
Phone (518) 963-7276 44º 24' 15" N 73º 23' 40" W
Last revised 2018-08-10
© 2000-2018 Willsboro Bay Marina, Inc. All rights reserved.